Dear Epix Aviation Family,
During these incredibly challenging times we are standing with you as your partner. The impact on your personal lives and business has been profound amid this unprecedented economic and social disruption. Our hearts are with you. Our livelihood has always been deeply intertwined with yours and we remain fully committed to our partnership.
As you are aware, the situation on the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus is very fluid and we are having to pivot and make challenging decisions, with limited or often conflicting information about how to best manage through the hardship and uncertainty during this fast-evolving crisis.
The aviation community statewide is dynamically navigating this situation and continuously adapting as new information becomes available. The Virginia Department of Aviation (DOAV), in consultation with the Governor’s Policy Office, relaxed the previously issued restrictions on dual-pilot flight instruction. Citing that certain kinds of pilot training operations were consistent with Executive Orders 53 and 55 the DOAV recommended the following dual-pilot activities be resumed:
- Bi-annual flight reviews, instrument proficiency checks (IPC), and currency checks to ensure pilots meet flight proficiency requirements.
- Training required to obtain or to remain current in advanced ratings – CFI, CFII, MEI, Commercial, ATP, type rating, or multi-engine.
- Training leading to a rating, where the student either uses the aircraft for business travel or is preparing for a career as a professional pilot.
- For purely recreational pilots, the Commonwealth still encourages delaying dual instruction.
Based on the DOAV advice provided above and after consultation with the Virginia Aviation Business Association, Epix Aviation will resume the conduct of dual-pilot flight instruction on Monday, April 27, 2020. As we move forward Epix Aviation will continue to prioritize:
- The health and well-being of our customers, our staff and community.
- Safely servicing customers to the best of our ability during these challenging conditions.
- Supporting health officials and government leaders as they work to contain the virus.
As we welcome back our dual students, the health and well-being of our customers and staff remains our highest priority. We will continue to act thoughtfully and proactively despite the disruption and uncertainty COVID-19 brings to our daily lives. Epix Aviation will continue to adhere to strict policies and precautions to protect the health of both instructor and student by following the industry best practices for screening personnel as well as cleaning surfaces of any aircraft being used for training before each use.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we manage policy changes through these unprecedented and fast-changing conditions. The Epix team looks forward to getting you safely back in the air and we continue to work tirelessly to ensure our business, and yours, remain safe and strong.
Owner, Epix Aviation